About a problem originally reported on the User list.
The html viewer option and export option usually
handled by htlatex doesn't work in LyX Windows XP.

Paul A. Rubin wrote:
I don't see a directory for tex4ht on the path (unless I'm missing it).

Dean: Any ideas ?

Paul:
Did you download and install tex4ht? (There are instructions for MiKTeX users at http://facweb.knowlton.ohio-state.edu/pviton/support/tex4ht.html.) The htlatex.bat file is part of the installation, in <htlatex root>\bin\win32\.

/Paul

A missing tex4ht package is confirmed as the problem.
I just tried the new 1.4.2 installer and it downloads
Miktex with an htlatex.exe file, but not the rest of it.

I reproduced the same error message as Dean earlier:

C:\texmf\miktex\bin>htlatex splash.tex
htlatex: the batch script could not be found.

In earlier versions of LyX, the installation searched
for an Html converter and under Preferences one could
usually find Latex -> HTML with htlatex listed/chosen.

This new installer apparently doesn't search for an html
converter although Html is still listed as a Viewer option.
I tried with tex4ht installed and the new 1.4.2 Win installer.

Since htlatex export never seems to have worked in WinLyX I
don't know that a solution would be for the new installer
to include tex4ht in its default download and installation
of Miktex when Miktex is missing. Htlatex would then work
from the command line without new users having to figure
out they needed to install another package too. I was
surprised that the default installation includes just
htlatex.exe but not the rest of the package.

I like the new installer.

Thank you,
Stephen