Georg Baum wrote:
Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2006 01:31 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
Hi all,

First, thanks to the developers for another fine update. The Windows 1.4.2 installer ran error-free for me. However, subsequent to installing it, I lost View->PDF (pdflatex) in 1.4.1 (and presumably 1.4.2, but I'm keeping 1.4.1 as my production version for the moment).

I went into Tools->Preferences ...->Converters, and the LaTeX->PDF (pdflatex) converter was gone. In its place was a LaTeX (pdflatex)->PDF (pdflatex) converter, which apparently was not getting the job done. I assume this change occurred when I installed 1.4.2. Has anyone else tripped over this?

That converter is (or should be) actually the same: the pdflatex.exe compiler. Does Export->PDF (pdflatex) still exist?

Georg

No in 1.4.1, yes in 1.4.2. In other words, after 1.4.2 installed (and changed the preferences file), it could view/export PDF (pdflatex) but 1.4.1 could not. Since LyX to LaTeX conversion is built in (not set through preferences), I assume this means that 1.4.2 knows how to convert LyX to the new LaTeX (pdflatex) format and 1.4.1 does not.

It's not a huge problem. It's not a problem at all if you are either a trusting and soul and replace 1.4.1 with 1.4.2, or conservative and do not upgrade. It's only an issue for the semi-brave, like me, who install the new version but keep the old one.

/Paul