On Jul 18, 2006, at 6:18 AM, Andrea Censi wrote:

On 7/17/06, Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Jul 17, 2006, at 3:06 AM, Andrea Censi wrote:

> Hello,
> is there a Mac binary version available somewhere?

Not yet. I was away when 1.4.2 came out, and when I got back I had a
hard disk failure requiring complete re-installation of a whole bunch
of development software, which I am currently in the midst of
compiling. When I get all that properly installed, I'll compile LyX
and post it, with an announcement here.

I have had some trouble compiling on my own.

At the moment, what combinations of QT and gcc do you use?
And is it necessary to build QT as static?

For LyX-1.4.x, you must use Qt-3.x (latest is 3.3.6) and gcc-3.3. I've never tried building Qt except as static, though I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Bennett