Marcelo Acuña wrote:
Hello,
 Word counter count words in Notes and ERTs.
 This is not usefull for me.
 I think that command in ERT must not be counted.
 I use notes for reminders, for keep quotes in
original language for further revision of translation,
and so on.
 Again, count words in notes not make usefull
information for me.
What think about this other Lyx´s users?
I agree that skipping notes is the right thing to do.
ERT is more tricky, for it is perfectly possible
to have some words of normal printed text inside ERT.
For example, if you need to do:
\begin{myhighlight}Special words\end{myhighlight}
The "Special words" will print, and should therefore be counted.

Unfortunately, parsing latex in order to get a perfect word count
is hard, so perhaps skipping ERT is the better choice.
The counting issue above may then be avoided by having two ERT boxes
containing the commands only. Between them the "special words" will
be written as normal text. The downside of this approach is that the
two latex boxes _must_ be matched pairs.  Cut&paste errors
may then leave you with an extra ERT box somewhere, which will cause
odd latex errors when you try to print or preview.

Do you really have so much code in ERT that this is a real problem?
Consider filing bugs at bugzilla.lyx.org.

Helge Hafting