Ciao,

I did it with the nomencl package. To add an entry I inserted an ERT

\nomenclature{bla}{short form for blablablabla}

Finally, put an ERT

\printnomenclature

where you want to have the list.

To generate my doc including the nomenclature, I failed to convince LyX to do that for me. I wrote a script:

#!/bin/bash
lyx --export latex thesis.lyx
latex thesis
bibtex thesis
makeindex thesis.idx
makeindex thesis.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o thesis.nls
latex thesis
latex thesis
dvipdf thesis.dvi

In this case, the essential line is the makeindex with the nomencl.ist and so on ...

Well, I have to confess, it could be easier.... but it works when I do it like this.

HTH,

Cz.