On 10/1/06, Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You have perhaps a better solution, Rich:
> >
> > 1. insert '$\mu$' in your figure;
> > 2. select 'Special flag' and 'Use LaTeX fonts' for  '$\mu$';
> > 3. insert your Xfig picture in your LyX document with Insert -> File
> > -> External material (Xfig's Template).
> >
> > There is no need to convert your xfig picture to an eps one, as LyX knows
> > quite well how to operate the needed conversions by itself regarding xfig
> > files.
>
>    But, does it matter if we directly import a .fig or we export the image to
> .eps and insert that format?

Yes, Rich, it matters if you have text or formulas in your figure. The
enunciated procedure allows you to have the text in your figure
written (in the ps/pdf output) with the same font used by your
document. In particular, it is quite handy when you have formulas in
your figure, as they will render as nice LaTeX wirtten formulas (in
your ps/pdf output), and no need to use psfrag. (Take the attached
xfig file and insert it directly; you will see a nice integral drawn
inside a rectangle.)

Forgot the file in my previous post. Sorry about that!

Paul