Sue Kientz wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:
>> On Oct 4, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Sue Kientz wrote:
>>> A colleague of mine finds that a manual we've built in LyX will not
>>> display (in LyX) her PS and PDF images, when she looks at it on her
>>> Mac OS X Macbook. I can see everything allright from my Mac OS X
>>> desktop, and she can see the images via LyX on her Linux desktop. On
>>> her macbook, when she converts to PDF, everything shows OK. I went
>>> over her preferences and we can't see what might be the trouble. Both
>>> of us have 1.4.3 installed. Anyone have a suggestion?
>>
>> We'd need more details in order to diagnose it. In fact, I'm confused
>> as to precisely what the problem is. Does the document typeset, but
>> the resulting .pdf file simply omit the images? Or does typesetting fail?
>>
>> Also, what does Console.app say when you try typesetting? Does the
>> LaTeX log (Documents > LaTeX Log) reveal anything?
>>

> As I tried to explain, the images just don't SHOW in the LyX program
> screen, even tho "Show in LyX" is checked in the image dialog box. Some
> images show in LyX, others (PS and PDF format) do not. We get "Error
> converting to loadable format" but just on her macbook.
>
> As to "typesetting" if you mean does the PDF generate, yes, we do not
> have trouble there at all. Images display, the PDF is fine. Since that
> is no trouble I'm not sure examining the LaTeX log will help. I looked
> in there, see lots of output, not sure what I'm looking for.

Is this resolved? If it is after an upgrade, try deleting the
preferences (in the users application support folder) and reinstall. I
also put a note on this on the wiki:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/FiguresInLyX (at the very bottom). There must be
some minor problems with the preferences when upgrading. Note that other
problems were fixed in the same way:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg50922.html
/johan