I am a Hebrew user, and I know how to use the "default" Hebrew font, which I
guess comes from the culmus package (ivritex on linux), but that package
contains many other fonts (according to the culmus site) which I would like
to use, and I don't know how to get lyx or latex to use them.

You can mark paragraphs or words with a "sans serif" or "typewriter" font in
lyx, and get a different Hebrew font for the paragraph or word, but I would
like to do so for the entire document via a font selection command in the
preamble.

For this I would need the font names, font family names, and to know what
commands to issue in the preamble, etc.

Documentation for this exists for usage of Latin fonts in latex, so I would
need an answer from someone who is actually using the "other" non-default
culmus fonts successfully.

The other way, which I will resort to when I have time, is look at the
installation directories themselves and see what is there, but if someone
can make this shortcut for me I would appreciate it.

I would also like to know if someone has successfully installed the
true-type hebrew fonts to use with pdftex on Windows, since the procedure on
the lyx wiki page has failed for me.

Thanks Georg for the reply.

Miki