André Bonhôte wrote:

I am in a process of convincing my team mates to use LyX for documentation. The guys all use windows. I'm not really a windows man, thus the question: What RCS do you recommend? I have downloaded the zip file from the gnu site and copied all the bins to C:\windows, but LyX didn't see the binaries. Next, I have added this dir to the path in the prefs, but still now luck.

I'd avoid GNU RCS for Windows.  I've seen it corrupt working files
numerous times.  I don't think I've ever seen it damage RCS files, so a
fresh checkout generally got me a good working file, but I don't trust
it.  (I can't imagine what the problem is.  I ported RCS - Tichy's
original version, not GNU, which IIRC didn't even exist at the time to
16-bit Windows myself years ago - along with DOS, OS/2, and OS/400 - and
never had any problems with file corruption.)

I use CVSNT for versioning my LyX files.  I haven't bothered trying to
drive it from LyX - I just run it manually, from the command line, the
way Computers Are Supposed To Be Used :-).

But CVSNT does include a "co.exe", "rcsdiff.exe", etc.  It doesn't seem
to have a bare ci alias, but a short Windows .cmd file that did a cvs
update followed by a cvs commit ought to do the job.  (Obviously, the
user would have to manually handle any conflicts that couldn't be
resolved automatically.)  So I'd expect it would be possible to get LyX
to work with CVSNT, if you want to use the file-versioning features
built into LyX.

--
Michael Wojcik