Margaret Wojcicki wrote:
Hi,

I have been using the previous version of LyX (1.3.6) up until recently when
LyX 1.4.4 was installed.  I am running into some issues that I did not have
before when getting a PDF (or any other type of file) from the source.  The
document is made up of a master document and chapter documents included in
the master.  I have been using particular layouts that meet my thesis
requirements.

The problem is that the resulting PDF does not perform page breaks properly.
The pages continue to be written all the way to the bottom and some text is
lost.  I have tried to adjust the document settings margins (the bottom
field) to no effect.  When I adjust the size of the page it only prints the
complete pages to PDF when I make the height of the page 350 mm which is not
solution to my problem.

If anyone has run into the same problem or has any ideas on how it can be
resolved, please let me know.

I haven't seen this, but then I never write anything long enough to require a master document and separate chapter documents. (My thesis predated word processing ... and typewriters ... and the ball-point pen ...) That said, I'm wondering if something in the preamble of one of the chapters, or in the layout of a chapter (if the chapter uses a different document class/layout than the main document) is screwing things up.

Can you make the problem go away by omitting one particular chapter? If so, I would look at its preamble.

If not, can you pare the document down to a small version that exhibits the problem and post that here? Maybe one of us can poke at it until it confesses its sins.

/Paul