>Margaret Wojcicki wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using the previous version of LyX (1.3.6) up until recently
>when
>> LyX 1.4.4 was installed.  I am running into some issues that I did not
>have
>> before when getting a PDF (or any other type of file) from the source.
>The
>> document is made up of a master document and chapter documents included
>in
>> the master.  I have been using particular layouts that meet my thesis
>> requirements.
>>
>> The problem is that the resulting PDF does not perform page breaks
>properly.

>I haven't seen this, but then I never write anything long enough to
>require a master document and separate chapter documents.  (My thesis
>predated word processing ... and typewriters ... and the ball-point pen
>...)  That said, I'm wondering if something in the preamble of one of
>the chapters, or in the layout of a chapter (if the chapter uses a
>different document class/layout than the main document) is screwing
>things up.
>
>Can you make the problem go away by omitting one particular chapter?  If
>so, I would look at its preamble.

Thanks for your reply Paul.  I actually had some assistance from a fellow
LyX user and it was in fact a problem in the preamble as you suggested.  I
was using the a4package and for some reason it functions differently than it
did for previous versions.  Getting rid of the package and manually setting
up the appropriate margins and page sizes, fixed the problem.

I am not sure what the issue with the a4package is but I will continue to
work with this manual approach for now.

Cheers,
Maggie