Am Donnerstag, 5. April 2007 21:20 schrieb Yu, James:

> What I understand about this is that JabRef simply writes out the
> citation entry to a file named "lyxpipe.in". The code segment is like:

This is no real file. It is a so called "named pipe" or FIFO, but since on
UNIX "everything is a file" it can be used like a real file on those
systems.

> My question is: How LyX goes the receiving? Any code segment example?

When LyX starts it opens the FIFO for reading and listens. When a command
arrives it acts accordingly. The code for this is mainly in
src/support/socktools.[Ch] and src/lyxsocket.[Ch]

If you look at src/support/socktools.C you'll see that only stubs of the
needed functions are implemented on windows. I understand that named pipes
do exist on windows, but you need different functions to deal with them,
and so far nobody was interested enough to implement this.

You are most welcome to fill in the missing bits, as Abdel wrote it should
not be too hard.

Georg