Hi,
  I just recently started using Lyx.  I followed the instructions on the wiki
for using SVG graphics in my figures
(http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/UseInkscapeSVGImages).  The
problem is that Lyx uses the low res PNG conversion when I generate PDF
output using pdflatex instead of SVG to EPS to PDF which would produce
much nicer vector output.  My version of Inkscape (from FC4 extras)
does not have a direct to PDF export but, some versions do have a
export to PDF feature which preserves transparency.
  Is there a way to control the graphics conversion process?  Ideally, I'd like
the SVG to EPS to PDF route or SVG direct to PDF if I install a newer inkscape.

Thanks,
Phil

Get your own web address.