Phil Fong wrote:
Hi, I just recently started using Lyx.  I followed the instructions
on the wiki for using SVG graphics in my figures
(http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/UseInkscapeSVGImages).  The problem is that
Lyx uses the low res PNG conversion when I generate PDF output using
pdflatex instead of SVG to EPS to PDF which would produce much nicer
vector output.  My version of Inkscape (from FC4 extras) does not
have a direct to PDF export but, some versions do have a export to
PDF feature which preserves transparency. Is there a way to control
the graphics conversion process?  Ideally, I'd like the SVG to EPS to
PDF route or SVG direct to PDF if I install a newer inkscape.

Thanks, Phil

I take it you created both the converter entries listed on the Wiki?
What happens if you delete the SVG->PNG converter entry (leaving SVG->EPS)? Without the second entry, I *think* LyX will do a two-stage conversion (SVG->EPS->PDF), which might be more to your liking.

With a newer Inkscape, you can define a converter that goes SVG->PDF directly.

/Paul