Excelent, everything is just fine right now.
Does anybody know why is that JabRef let you use 16-bit encoding if LaTeX won't?

On 4/8/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Julio Rojas wrote:
> The first record of my database, with the header JabRef adds.
>
> This file was created with JabRef 2.2b.
> Encoding: UTF-16

This is the culprit, I think.  I took a small file of my own that uses a
BibTeX database and compiles correctly.  Using a website, I converted
the .bib file to UTF-16.  Every entry in the bibliography generated an
error message like the one you got (missing entry type, actual entry
type spelled out with spaces between the characters).  The DVI file had
[?] for every reference.

Try converting from UTF-16 to an eight-bit code (UTF-8, plain ASCII,
...) and see if that helps.  The website I used was
http://www.fileformat.info/convert/text/utf2utf.htm.  JabRef will let
you change your encoding for future .bib files in Options -> Preferences
-> General.  I'm not sure whether it will translate an existing .bib file.

/Paul

Julio Rojas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]