Dear LyXers,

   I was delighted to find the other day that I can put math-moded symbols in
my index tags, and that they'll be typeset into a "Symbols" section at the
start of my index. Unfortunately, this is not working any more for me, despite
not changing my preamble in any way.

   Details:
I have a master LyX document containing several other child LyX documents. Each
of these contains multiple index entries. One of them contains index entries
with math-mode (for example, $\omega_0$) entered into the index box. Strangely,
when I typeset THAT single document by itself, with an index in it (it has only
\input{preamble} --- referring to the same .tex file containing the preamble of
the master document --- in its preamble), the symbols typeset fine, and are
included in the document's index.
   However, when I typeset the ENTIRE document, it fails, with the message "
\item $\omega_0$, \hyperpage{179}" and the usual "I've inserted a
begin-math/end-math symbol since I think you left one out" message. The page
179 is about where the symbol would appear in the full, properly typeset
document, so I suspect it's something to do with the hyperref package, which
has never given me problems before.

    If I remove the offending index entry, things work fine... for a while.
Recently, as a test, I removed all of the index entries containing math-mode in
that chapter, and the whole document typeset correctly several times. Just now,
though, I tried to compile the .pdf again, and a math-mode entry ( $s_n$ ) in
another chapter (which I had actually forgotten about because it wasn't an
issue) caused problems.
   Incidentally, it's not just subscripted index entries --- even plain Greek
(e.g. $\gamma$) entries are now causing errors.

   It seems my working index entries are slowly being eaten away!

    I've reconfigured LyX and run texhash. Is there anything else I can try?

                    C.O.

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/