Hi, sorry about asking an old question. I honestly didn't know what to
look for since it was hard to explain!

I'm still a little confused about it even after reading the wiki and
that page. Is there any way I could just put in a little ERT somewhere
and have the lists still be displayed in LyX as numbered lists (I
don't care if the numbers look wrong, I just want it to still look
like lists or I will get confused with formatting and spell checking)