Nick Hopton wrote:
In a recent message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote.

[...]
Are you sure that you were getting image conversions with an earlier 1.5.0?
[...]

Hello Paul, yes, definitely. As new snapshots are released I install them and then test them with the help file and with some of my own documents, before I do anything else. The problem only occurred after installing the update to the latest release.

I'm sure Uwe will want to fix the updater, but the question now is whether we can isolate what caused the problem. This is always an adventure, particularly on Windows systems, because differences in system configuration often turn out to be the difference.

Did you ascertain before reinstalling IM that IM itself was damaged (as opposed to simply being lost from the path)? Also, before the upgrade, was IM on the LyX path prefix or on the system command path (or both), and after the upgrade was it missing from those paths?

I'm not sure this matters, but do you have a full version of Python installed? (I don't know if the updater uses Python, but the regular installer does, and apparently I avoided a known bug in an earlier installer because I have Python 2.3 rather than 2.5 installed.)

/Paul