Dear Users and Developers,

I use Lyx  for Windows.
When a child document included in the main one has been changed, its dvi view must be updated from the main document. It is an old issue that this does not work unless one restarts Yap or Lyx again. Until now a workaround was that one made some artificial changes in the main document, and this induced the update process. However, it appears that this no longer works with Lyx 1.4.4 and the last available version of Latex and Yap. The first trial to update a child document leads to a Python-connected error message ("An error occurred whilst running python -tt 'C:/Program Files/Lyx14/Resources/scrip'") the second trial invokes the error message "An empty output file was produced" followed by a Latex error saying that "I cannot write on 'the name of the main document'".

Very-very fortunately, the update process works now with the .ps view. However, .dvi view would be the most important view. I think it would be inevitable to solve this main doc--child docs update issue as Lyx is apparently meant to produce long and difficult documents. Please help. It would be a nice present in the new version 1.5 to have this old problem solved.

With best wishes and many thanks in advance.

Gyorgy Pota

--

Dr. Gyorgy Pota
associate professor