Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Bob Lounsbury schrieb:

I have the following command in my preamble so that floats are not placed before a there corresponding section. However, the code does not work for the Appendix sections.

Are you sure that these are \sections? You perhaps have there \chapters, the the command would be

\let\myChapter\chapter
\renewcommand{\chapter}{\suppressfloats[t]\myChapter}

regards Uwe

Ok, I solved it. Although it took awhile to track it down.

Yes, they are sections using the article class.

In the preamble I'm also using the sectsty package, which was defined after the \let\mySection command. Putting the sectsty package commands before the \let\mySection command solved the problem.

Bob Lounsbury