Ralph wrote:
Hello All:

I've been working for two days trying to find a way to change the font name selected places in a book.

Basically, what I want to do is set the Chapter and all Section Headings in Palatino, and the rest of the text in Times.

I have no problems changing the font to Times in the Preamble. However, I've not been able to come up with a way to use Palatino in the Chapter title and Headings. I thiuight that I might be able to use a \newenvironment approach, but everything I've tried has failed.

I've looked at the LyX docs and several LaTeX books too, and they don't mention anything about this. I'm I trying to do something impossible, or does someone out there know how to implement this change.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ralph

Using the koma-script book class, here is a very crude example of changing the font of different chapter and sectional headings. Although I don't know how to get Palatino font. Maybe someone else knows? For more information check out the koma-script documentation page 50, although it lists only \rmfamily, \sffamily, and \ttfamily as possible font choices. Hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps.

Regards,
Bob Lounsbury
#LyX 1.4.4 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 245