Ludek> Hi Maria, thank you for your reply.

Ludek> Unfortunately it doesn't work for me that way. When I have a
Ludek> Russian document with some English words in it, everything
Ludek> works just fine. Problem is, when I write Russian document with
Ludek> another language which has some special characters also (for
Ludek> example Czech, Deutsch) then I get the error specified earlier.
Ludek> This error shows up only when specific characters for the
Ludek> second language are used (for example when I write only numbers
Ludek> with Deutsch or Czech language in Russian document, everything
Ludek> is OK). It seems to be that Lyx 1.4.4 under windows doesn't
Ludek> like two foreign languages with their specific characters on
Ludek> the same line in one document :-(

Ludek> Any other suggestion, could this be solved with ERT for
Ludek> example?

Being able to do such things is one of the goal of version 1.5.

JMarc