On Thursday 24 May 2007 23:29, Richard Heck wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > Oh-oh, when I followed the directions to export to LinuxDoc, here's what
> > happened:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ xpdf test.pdf
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ lyx --export LinuxDoc test.lyx
> > Error: Couldn't export file
> > No information for exporting the format LinuxDoc.
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ lyx --export linuxdoc test.lyx
> > Error: Couldn't export file
> > No information for exporting the format LinuxDoc.
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> I think you need to change the document class of the file to DocBook
> before doing the export. At least, that was true for me when I tested
> this. Of course, you also need to have the DocBook stuff on your machine.
>
> Richard

Hi all,

I finally did it with this advice from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Packages/Hyperref

The Wikipedia page isn't very LyX-friendly, because it makes you enter ERT for
\href{}{} and \url{}. However, you can use the old LyX trick
environment-as-command so that on the LyX GUI it looks like an environment,
but in LaTeX it's a command.

There was no need for docbook, LinuxDoc, or anything unusual besides hyperref.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware