On Sunday 03 June 2007 08:25, Christian Liesen wrote:
> I've updated the part on formatting index entries with LyX on the Wiki:
> http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Indexing#toc2
>
> Jürgen pointed me to an easy and elegant way for specifying the font for
> the index entries. Many thanks!
>
> -- Christian

Excellent Christian -- I wish it had been there 2 weeks ago when I was
indexing my newly completed book :-)

You or someone else might want to document seealso, which is basically the
same syntax as see.

This next comment is partly tongue in cheek, but contains a nugget of truth:
Has oneone found a way to make indexing less depressing? Every time I index a
book, by the end of the day I feel like I've been working in the sewer all
day, and really need to take a shower. It's some of the most distasteful work
I've ever done (and I've done some pretty distasteful work). Is there some
type of music you can put on to make it better? Is there a mantra, or
philosophy you can adopt to make you feel better while indexing?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware