On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Steve Litt wrote:

On Saturday 02 June 2007 06:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Or why does Google have Playground indexed if it is a practice sandbox?

Google has no reason to _not_ index pages in the wiki group Playground.

It might be possible to instruct google to ignore those pages, but I'm not sure that's desired.

I'd sure desire it. I'd feel free to write just about any silliness in a sandbox, knowing everyone knows it's a sandbox. But if it's indexed by search engines, others coming to it wouldn't necessarily know that, and might believe the silliness I happen to write in there.

Two simple solutions to this problem are as follows:

* Put a disclaimer at the top of the page, i.e. "This page is a work in
  progress", or "I'm just playing around here".

* Delete the page when you are done.
  To delete a page, edit the page and replace the content with just:

        delete

  and then save the page.

As for drafts, there is the possibility of creating drafts of a wiki page directly at the page. Those might automatically be ignored by google.
It's something I'm going to check out during the summer.

Another option is a special keyword, which tells google to ignore the page. See
        http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/ControllingWebRobots
for details.

If it's unclear, just ask. (I just wrote the page...)

/Christian