On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Trevor Nicholls wrote:

What we'd really like is to be able to use LyX as our document editor, because alternative XML editors really suck big time. However this would mean we have to be able to go in the other direction, converting LyX documents back into XML.

Currently the big change that is planned for LyX 1.6 is making use XML as its native format... Maybe that'll help, although you may want to chime in on the development list as to why XML is good, as some developers have started wonder about its purpose/usefulness.

/Christian