- I'd like to have a faster way of inserting listings and captions -
right now there's no underlined letter in "Program listing" in the
"Insert" menu, so I can't press "ALT+I [anykey]" and I have to look at
the menu and look for the entry.

It is not particularly easy but you can define a shortcut for this.
The lyx command is 'listing-insert'.

- I can't put any Polish letters in a listing or a listing's caption,
because I get those errors:

(listing)
Missing $ inserted.
Extra }, or forgotten $.
Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined. [You
need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText or
\DeclareInputMath before using this key.]

I do not know this but please try it in plain latex. I mean, create a
minimal lyx file with a  Polish listing, export to latex and adjust
things over there. If it is supposed to work, please send the lyx file
to the devel list and I will have a look.

Bo