On 7/8/07, Gauri Karve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have attached a portion of my document where the error is showing
up. I can view all other files in the DVI mode..in this document, I
tried deleting various lines in the para but the same error shows up,
highlighting different sets of words! for eg, to begin with, it
highlighted "Cumulative Average Abnormal Return (CAAR) can be obtained
as:" as the error source, then when I deleted "Cumulative Average
Abnormal Return (CAAR) can be obtained as:", it highlighted "with day
\tau_{1}> T_{1}and ending with \tau _{2}, the" as the source of error.

Thanks for the help!

Gauri

On 7/6/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gauri Karve wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am a relatively new user of LyX and am using the version 1.4.4.
> > Since the last few days, everytime I try to view the dvi file of a
> > particular document, it
> > gives me the following error message:

> > LateX error: Undefined color 'ignore'.
> >

> > ...or{ignore}{\color{ignore}AR}}}_{it}}}{N}
> >                                                 $
> > You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
> > If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

> > Could you please help me fixing this error? I tried reinstalling LyX
> > but it gave me the same error again. I have not made any color changes
> > to my document. I am not fluent with the technicalities yet, so if you
> > could please explain how to solve the problem to me in simple terms,
> > it will be much appreciated.
> >

> Can you post the document (or, better, a minimal subset of it that
> generates the error)?
>
> /Paul

Why do you need the \color commands. If you delete AR using backspace
and then hit backspace two more times (to eliminate the \color
commands you've added) and then retype AR the .dvi is created
perfectly as in the attached example.

Regards,
Bob Lounsbury