Thanks for the help! I did make the changes after Bob's reply. I don't
know how that command got there but I have made the necessary changes
now!

Gauri

On 7/9/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gauri Karve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached a portion of my document where the error is showing
> up. I can view all other files in the DVI mode..in this document, I
> tried deleting various lines in the para but the same error shows up,
> highlighting different sets of words! for eg, to begin with, it
> highlighted "Cumulative Average Abnormal Return (CAAR) can be obtained
> as:" as the error source, then when I deleted "Cumulative Average
> Abnormal Return (CAAR) can be obtained as:", it highlighted "with day
> \tau_{1}> T_{1}and ending with \tau _{2}, the" as the source of error.
>
> Thanks for the help!

In your first message, you said that you did not attempt to change
colors in your document, but something (or someone) apparently did.  As
Bob said, you can get rid of the \color{ignore} instances by deleting
and retyping part of the formula.  If this is part of a longer document,
it might be easier to open the LyX file in your favorite text editor and
globally replace '\color{ignore}' with ''.

/Paul