On 7/11/07, Eduardo Esteves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear All,

I'm quite new to LyX and probably didn't properly read the documentation/lists but... I
need help w/ two "problems":

1) I use jabref to keep my bibliography and I've managed to insert the (bibtex) refs list
at the end of my article. I changed the style to natbib (I had to install natbib via
miktex ?!?!) and this change is visible in LyX (author-date format) but when I
"export" to dvi or pdf the in-text citations and refs list comes in numerical
format. Am I missing some step in miktex or LyX.

A little more information would help here. However, make sure that
under Document->Settings->Bibliography you've selected Natbib and the
Author-year style for Natbib. Then when you insert the bibliography -
I'm assuming by Insert->List/TOC->Bibtex Bibliography - you need to
make sure that you're using a natbib bibliography style like plainnat
or abbrvnat.

2) Is it possible (and how) to export the article to a tex which (explicitly)
includes de list of refs in order to submit it to a journal.

Don't know about this one. You could export to pdf.

Regards, Eduardo Esteves

Cheers,
Bob Lounsbury