Sam Lewis wrote:
I also would like to express my support for a on-the-fly-spellchecker. It would
bring LyX in line with other similar editors, where such a feature has been
standard for many year. A feature poll in our wiki has indicated an overwhelming
support for it by many LyX users. Although the implementation of new features
needs to be carefully weighted in terms of required work effort, consideration
for finally implementing an on-the-fly-spellchecker in the 1.6. series should
also take into account its neccessity and common place.
I always turn that off, if it exists. I understand that some people like it, but I hate it.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto