Hi Mike (and others),

> My spelling is so bad, that it's usually better to just get one with what
> I want to write and then correct at the end.

On a side note, my spelling is not very good either, but I found that it has
improved through the use of an "immediate indication". This also gives me
confidence for correctly spelled words as I write. (One a good day, writing with
gvim, I have found myself checking --in disbelieve-- if the checker hasn't
failed if no mistakes showed up).

I think one of the crucial differences, is the "naturally" high number of
mathematics, logisticians, etc. in the LyX user and developer community, who
have a very different approach to *writing* than one finds humanities. This
presumably has resulted in this peculiar situation that up to now --at this
highly advanced stage of LyX-- this rather basic feature has never emerged.

Cheers, Sam