On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 07:07:08PM -0300, Marcelo Acuña wrote:
> Hello,
>       I have linux (opensuse 10.2) and I want to know:
>
> 1) if I can install other distros of Tex like XeTeX,
> Tex Live, ConTeXt, etc., instead Latex and to use this
> with Lyx.
>
> 2) If I get a gain with this, like no package clash
> (ConTeXt), add more easy font (XeTeX), etc.

I think you can use anything that provides some
variant of _latex_.
Tex Live is fine - I have been using that for some time.

LyX will not work with ConTeXt though.  This because ConTeXt is
not simply a different variety of LaTeX.
Both LaTeX and ConTeXt are extensions of TeX, but
they are very different extensions.

I don't know about xetex.  Whatever you use, it must understand
the latex commands LyX generates.  ConTeXt does not.
Anything that claims to support LaTeX (possibly with
some interesting extensions) ought to work.

Helge Hafting