On Aug 12, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Marcelo Acuña wrote:

 I am interested in XeTeX because it promise easy
"font handling which allows the usage of TrueType and
OpenType fonts".

It delivers too.

Add new fonts for Latex and Lyx is
very dificult for me. I don´t understand instrucction
for it. For me instruction look like a hot hell.

It's not that bad, once one wraps one's mind around what needs to be done and why. XeTeX is a much better option though as I alluded to in my TUG2003 paper:

http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-2/tb77adams.pdf

There've been some articles on using LyX w/ xetex in TUGboat if memory serves.

 XeTeX work with Lyx?

W/ xelatex, yes.

You do need to be careful of which packages are used (babel in particular is awkward), but for the most part, xetex is a drop-in replacement for tex, and xelatex is a straight-forward usage of LaTeX.

Here's a page w/ specific instructions:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/XeTeX

(which need to be up-dated re: LyX handling UTF8 if I understand the new features of LyX v1.5)

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer