Fritz Bein schrieb:

I would like to convince a friend to write her PhD thesis (Law) in Lyx. I have found some valuable resource in MikTex (package juramisc) and I wonder if there exist an equivalent layout file for Lyx. Maybe anyone has created one, or made some experiences writing law texts in Lyx that he or she might share?

I can recommend to use the koma-script book or report or article class. Koma-script allows you to set up many things without the need of additional LaTeX-packages and its beautiful documentation is available in German and can even be bought as printed book at "Lehmanns Fachbuchhandlung" in Germany.

You can also have a look at my diploma thesis written with koma-script:
http://fkurth.de/uwest/usti/Diplom/

regards Uwe