Dave Hewitt wrote:
Paul,

Yes, it repeats that same error message and reversion to article with your file (and three other things I subsequently tried).
Sorry, but can you say again EXACTLY what error message you are getting? That will at least let me know which error is happening here. If you're having problems even with the simple file Paul sent, then there must be a problem elsewhere in your installation.
Can you explain the proper line for the layout file that would implement the nrc1.sty as a package, as you suggested?
Let's try this later.
One thing that comes to mind, but may be totally irrelevant, is the location of the User directory. I am an administrator on the machine but have a directory of my own:
C:\Documents and Settings\dhewitt\Application Data\lyx15
The Administrator one is of course:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\lyx15
All LyX tells me about the user directory is "~\Application Data\lyx15"
Perhaps I am loading in the wrong spot? I am guessing not since it's finding the new class definition.
Right: It's finding it, so it's there. That said, you might want to modify the one Paul sent just a touch on the first line---make something a capital, whatever---just so you're sure you're seeing that one.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto