On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Niklas Huldén wrote:

I have a lengthy (300 p) humanistic manuscript and have enabled \usepackage[osf]mathpazo as to get oldstyle figures across the whole document. However, I also have 50+ tables and if I've understood correctly one should not use oldstylenums except in the main text body.

Why?

Is there any way to exclude these table floats from the generic option. I could of course mark every number in every table float as "math mode" but that would seem to be a lengthy operation, as would indeed be replacing all numbers in the text with ERT. Any suggestions?

You should be able to set up a redefinition of the font / encoding so that lining figures are used, but again, why?

So long as things line up decently (I forget if the oldstyle figures in mathpazo are proportional or lining) things should be fine.

Charles Babbage (among others) advocated strongly for the additional differentiation which osf provide in tabular material.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer