Helmut,

In fact relative paths work very well - only the file selection dialog does not return them. Just enter the relative path to the figure by hand or change it after using the file selection dialog.

Daniel

Hauser Helmut schrieb:
Hello,

I use LyX on a Linux machine in my office and on a Windows machine at home. Sometimes I need to work on the same document on both machines. The problem is, that the path for the figures to be included is always a global one (/home/... or C:/....). It would be great if I just could use a relative path and would not have to change it all the time. Of course it would be great if I insert a new figure LyX gives my me exactly this "./figures" directory. So this relative path would be a variable of the document itself.

Is that possible? Has anyone suggestions how to do that?

thanks,
- helmut