Martin A. Hansen wrote:
We have discussed this before ...

I wanted to find out how to adjust appendixes to replace A, B, C with
Appendix A, Appendix B, Appendix C. Etc. In LyX 1.4 you did that with some
ERT, but now with LyX 1.5 there is some fancy red appendix box and perhaps
another way to do what I wanted. So I headed to the docs ... Horrible
experience! I had to open 6, six, S-I-X different documents to search for
the information I wanted (not counting the introduction)!

How about a little merging - LyX should be pretty good at that, yes?
If you want a single searchable help document, just
open them all, copy & paste them into a new "myhelp.lyx".

From then on, just open "myhelp.lyx" whenever you want such a search.

Helge Hafting