Martin A. Hansen schrieb:

I wanted to find out how to adjust appendixes to replace A, B, C with
Appendix A, Appendix B, Appendix C. Etc. In LyX 1.4 you did that with some
ERT, but now with LyX 1.5 there is some fancy red appendix box and perhaps
another way to do what I wanted.

The appendix handling has not changed between LyX 1.4.x and 1.5.x.
The attached LyX-file shows you how to get what you want.

So I headed to the docs ... Horrible
experience! I had to open 6, six, S-I-X different documents to search for
the information I wanted (not counting the introduction)!

Then you do something wrong. Start with the Userguide. As this is a special topic not everybody is interested in, check the Extended manual. If it also not explained there, you have to aks on the list. The Customization manual is about customizing LyX, not the document output. The EmbeddedObjects manual is like the Extended manual, but specialized on Floats, Figures, Tables, Boxes, Listings, and External material - as said in the title of this document.

LyX 1.5.2 will come with a completely revised and in many parts rewritten Userguide that guides you in many cases to the right manual for special topics.

How about a little merging - LyX should be pretty good at that, yes?

I think that 140 A4 pages for the userGuide are enough. The EmbeddedObjects manual is about 90 pages, the same for the Extended and Customization manual.
And note that it is impossible to explain every LaTeX-hook in the docs!

regards Uwe