(Apologies if this ends up a double-posting -- my first attempt was three hours
ago and appears to have disappeared into the ether.)

> The file I was reffering to was the tutorial, it seems like the tutorial
> should use the highest standards, but whatever.  Yes, it appears in the LyX
> file as a circled r.  I deleted the r's and now it comes out correctly.

The first occurrence comes after the work Postscript, right?  In the 1.5.2
tutorial, it's done correctly (\textregistered).  I can confirm that in the
1.4.4 tutorial, it was entered as a single character.  (I don't have 1.5.1
installed any longer.)  So apparently it was fixed as of 1.5.2.

/Paul