S. Chen wrote:

> I just started using lyx two week ago and I'm using a version 1.5.1.
> Somehow I lost all the document class so that for every writing I created
> the lyx said layout file was required and it could produce any output.
> Maybe it's because I updated the MikTex?? The same problem happened before
> and I just reinstalled the lyx the last time.

Does Edit->Reconfigure help?

> A second question sounds very stupid but I have no other choices but
> asking. How can I update the lyx 1.5.1 to 1.5.2? I downloaded the patch
> but don't know how to do next. It says
>
> "This patch should be applied like this
> cd lyx-1.5.1
> make distclean
> zcat patch-1.5.2.gz | patch -p1
> and then LyX can be build as usual."
>
> but I have no idea about what this is talking about. By the way I'm using
> windows......

This patch is only useful if you are compiling the sources yourself. If not,
you should just grab an installer and install that. Depending on whether
you used the "official" or the "alternative" windows installer, this is
either
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.5.2/LyX-1.5.2-1-Installer.exe (official)
or
http://prdownload.berlios.de/lyxwininstall/LyX-152-3-20-AltInstaller-Update.exe
(alternative)

Jürgen