On Sunday 02 March 2008 08:57, Ares wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem with a file using RevTeX class and setspace package.
> When I try to compile the following simple file:
>
> %% LyX 1.5.1 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
> %% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
> \documentclass[english,preprint]{revtex4}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{setspace}
> \doublespacing
>
> \makeatletter
> \usepackage{babel}
> \makeatother
>
> \begin{document}
>
> %\doublespacing
> \\am
> \end{document}
>
> I get:
>
> Package: `setspace' 6.7 <2000/12/01>
> )
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \setstretch ...ef \baselinestretch [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> l.7 \doublespacing
>
> I googled for the problem but couldn't find anything useful. Any hint?
> I found a workaround, that is using the preprint option for the revtex
> package and setting to single the line spacing in the document
> properties panel (or deleting the \doublespacing command in the tex
> file).
>
> Regards,

I get the same thing when I use latex to compile your file. Like you, I find
that commenting out the \doublespacing allows it to compile. I also find that
if I change the revtex4 to book, it compiles. So there's some conflict
between revtex4 and setspace.

I think there's probably something missing from revtex4.cls (or revsymb.sty)
that exists in book.cls, but I couldn't find it. One thing I might recommend
is that you put the following into the LyX part of your layout file:

Input stdclass.inc
Format 2

That's helped me out of similar situations.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Books written in LyX:
        Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
        Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
        Troubleshooting: Just the Facts