On 04.03.2008, at 22:40, Rich Shepard wrote:

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

For many plots in a sub directory "PlotFigures", I have 2 versions,
one in eps version and  one in pdf version.

Have you tried specifying a clipping region in LyX? Might be there's an issue with reading the bounding box info from the PDF (or EPS) (or both).

I often need to clip pdf images when inserted into a LyX/LaTeX document. Also, when there's a .pdf in the document I use pdflatex to view it as well
as when generating the final output.

I experienced the same problem. If I save an image with bounding box from, e.g., CorelDraw or OpenOffice Draw as PDF, the bounding box seems to be neither used in the LyX preview nor in the pdflatex output. Acrobat Reader displays the image correctly, though.

The only thing that really helped me in these cases is to set the PDF page size in the drawing tool to reflect the intended size of the bounding box. As this is PITA on the long term, I eventually got back to EPS. I save only those images as PDF that use transparency, which does not work so well with EPS.

Daniel