On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've scoured the LyX sites and the web for any info on rtf2latex2e.
> Seems that it was originally written on a mac classic os9. There are
> unix and windows versions but I can't find any for OSX for the Mac. I've
> tried to compile unix code on the mac but the source only recognizes OSX
> for PPC. Mine is intel. And I can't figure out how to add the correct
> host definition so I can compile it for intel.

I have recently used rtf2latex2e to do a bunch of conversions (simply
because openoffice.org's latex export was broken so I saved as RTF
instead). It worked acceptable for me, but I did have various things to
clean up which were easy in vi.

Maybe try this:

- download the Unix version from sourceforge: rtf2latex2eUnix1

cd rtf2latex2eUnix-1.0fc1/Unix

./configure --host=i386

It may have other issues too, like including malloc.h -- maybe just remove
any include lines of malloc.

But if that doesn't work, maybe see if that sourceforge site has a mailing
list or forum to ask on. Or ask the DarwinPorts or Fink communities. (You
may also want to try pkgsrc which has a build framework and includes
rtf2latex2. pkgsrc supports Mac OS X, but I don't know if it builds
rtf2latex2 on Mac OS X.)