Juha Meriluoto schrieb:

I've been experiencing some problems while trying to upgrade my LyX installation. I'm currently using version 1.5.3 (alternate installer 3.21). When I try to update to, or install, either version 1.5.4 (alt. installer 3.22) or 1.6svn (alt. installer 4.10) the installation and configuration proceed with no errors, but launching LyX gives "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)." My environment is WinXP SP2.

Have you used the update installer variant to get LyX 1.5.4? Or does the problem also occur when you use the small or complete installer variant?

This has been reported also by other users, but I can't reproduce the problem. For the meantime, please use the standard LyX installer.
I'll do some more tests later today.

regards Uwe