Juha Meriluoto schrieb:

I've been experiencing some problems while trying to upgrade my LyX installation. I'm currently using version 1.5.3 (alternate installer 3.21). When I try to update to, or install, either version 1.5.4 (alt. installer 3.22) or 1.6svn (alt. installer 4.10) the installation and configuration proceed with no errors, but launching LyX gives "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)." My environment is WinXP SP2.

Dear Juha and Tuomo,

I tested the installer again on 3 different machines. One is a very old Win2000 machine and it works even there fine. I have only one idea what goes wrong. To be sure that I'm right, could you do me a favor and test if it works when you install LyX using this installer:

http://prdownload.berlios.de/lyxwininstall/LyX-154-3-22-AltInstaller-Small-Test.exe

Please uninstall the existing LyX 1.5 before testing. (keep MiKTeX as it is)

If LyX then still doesn't start, copy the attached file to the same folder where the lyx.exe is. Then it should definitively work.

This would help me much.

thanks in advance and best regards
Uwe
<!-- Copyright © 1981-2001 Microsoft Corporation -->
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
    <noInheritable/>
    <assemblyIdentity
        type="win32"
        name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT"