James Mansion wrote:
Hi,

I have a writing 'style' that tends to use a lot of bullet lists. I've been using 'Itemize' in my Koma-script book.

The style tends to be:

* with a point

* or two

In word annd OOo I use 'keep with next' and 'don't break paragraph' and widow and orphan control and the layout engine generally Does The Right Thing and the whole group gets put on one page. (I sometimes fiddle
with inter-paragraph spacing for these too)

I'm finding that doing the same thing in LyX is often breaking the page between the elements though.

Is there a straightforward way to prevent this?

No Good Can Come Of This. Inevitably, you'll end up with funky vertical spacing. That said, it's a LaTeX issue (not a LyX issue), and LaTeX provides an assortment of ways to screw with page breaking. Since AFAIK LaTeX assumes that breaking a page between items in a list is always fair, the simplest solution might be to put your bullet list inside a parbox (Insert -> Box, then right click the box handle and change from the default minipage to parbox). You could even bind that to a key combination, I think (not sure if there's an LFUN for switching to a parbox) or hack the stdlists.inc file in the layout directory to include a new boxed-bullet-list environment (wrapping the list in a parbox in the preamble stuff).

/Paul