On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Rich Shepard wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Joost Verburg wrote:

 I've uploaded some more designs to compare (including the current splash
 screen) at http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SplashScreen

Joost,

They are all outstanding! Very well thought out and crafted. Any of them will do everyone proud.

I agree, I like all of them!

It's neat how the platypus is sort of sitting on the blue bar on #4. Number #1 is neat since the stack of papers to me is related to LyX being a document processor. And #3 is clean and elegant. And #2 is growing on me, so I'll refrain from voting, they're all good.

If there's no clear favourite, we can just switch between splash screens for the next few releases like Adobe Photoshop did.

/Christian