On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:48:05PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Hi,

> Where are those fine packages? I am a bit lost among various linux
> packages we provide...

The packages are here:
http://download.tuxfamily.org/emiscabpo/lyx15-bpo/

On http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnDebian you'll find a link to
http://emiscabpo.wordpress.com/2008/01/19/lyx-15x-and-145-backports/
telling you what to put in your souces.list so that you can
apt-get install them.

> It would be nice with our new site to have a proper download area and
> packages from identified sources.

In this case the information about what to add to your sources.list
is enough.

> Would it help to carry with LyX the files needed to build a debian
> package, so that people can do it themselves?

I don't think so. People who know what they're doing will simply download
the Debian source package and make the changes needed to build it on
stable or one of the Debian derived distritbutions.
It's mostly about reading how dpkg-buildpackage or debuild works if you're
just building packages for your own. pbuilder is a bonus and makes it
saver to not miss a build-dependency and is mandatory if you want to give the
packages to other people.

Beside that it's all in a public svn repo so that you can check it
out aswell. Nearly every piece of information about the package can
be reached from the PTS http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lyx.html

As long as we keep up with the packaging for Debian I'd prefer that
the pkg-lyx-devel group on http://alioth.debian.org is the central
place for LyX packaging for Debian. We're always open for new contributers
and new input so if someone would like to get something changed he can
always submit bugreports or mail to the mailinglist at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Sven
--